Tuesday 29 September 2009

Eva Tind Kristensen: Two Poems

the first lake

I stare down at a korean lake. it is so big that it has no
end. my korean lake creates an inner korean pressure. I spread
my korean arms out and put them round the bottomless korean
lake. I place my head in the lap of the korean lake
let myself be rocked to sleep in blue-black korean water. when I wake up,
I sit at the edge of a korean sea. my korean hair is now
blue. my korean shoes are



the second lake of sorrow

I stare down at a danish lake. it is so big that it has no end.
my danish lake creates an inner danish pressure. I spread my danish
arms out and put them round the bottomless danish lake. I place my
head in the lap of the danish lake, let myself be rocked to sleep
in blue-black danish water. when I wake up, I sit at the edge of a
danish sea. my danish hair is now blue. my danish shoes are

translated from Danish by David McDuff
 
From Do, Gyldendal, Copenhagen, 2009
 
See also in this blog: Do

No comments: