Tuesday 13 April 2010

Still here...

Apologies for the long silence, but I have to admit that there are times - sometimes quite lengthy ones - in the year when my reading leaves the path of foreign fiction and poetry and returns to the field of British and American writing. Since I acquired a Kindle DX as a birthday gift from my daughter a couple of months ago I've been catching up on my acquaintance with the work of some major British authors, in particular Julian Barnes, whose Flaubert's Parrot I read years ago when it first appeared, and was fascinated by. Now at last with the help of Amazon and the Kindle I've managed to read several more of Barnes's novels and collections of essays, including Metroland  and his most recent book, Nothing To Be Frightened Of, both of which strike me as quite unlike anything else in contemporary British fiction.

Which leads me to conclude that, given the flexibility of Blogger and blogging, it might not be a bad idea to at some stage widen the scope of this blog to include a wider range of writing, and escape from the purely "Nordic" ambit...

I'll be thinking about this in the days and weeks ahead, and may reorganize or rename the blog accordingly (maybe even start a new one).

No comments: